Sunday, October 29, 2006

Oh, oh ... forgot National Holiday...

It is terribly amiss of me, but I actually forgot to make an entry into the blog yesterday, 28th of October, for National Holiday. In defense, I wanted to make photos of the new addition to our household, the Greek national flag draped festively over the balcony, and upload those - which I also forgot, so there's no excuse whatsoever. Mea maxima culpa ...
Greece, to my knowledge is the only country on the face of the earth to celebrate the start of a war. I have given enough history lectures for today, so those genuinely interested in something else but pain or pleasure, I herewith invite to find out for themselves what the background is of Oxi Day, No Day. I don't even intend to supply a weblink. Come on, show some initiative! The prize: The Real McCoy, a tin of Papadopoulosses ... First come, first served. Contest closes midnight tonight!
Cheerio!

No comments: