Tuesday, October 24, 2006

On a lighter note ....


I am a great admirer of Greek technology, which is often of great practical simplicity and of the type that makes you wonder why you haven't thought about it earlier yourself. I must however admit that the copper cable telephone wire system over which the Internet is also running, is not one of them! The system is still plagued by crossed wires, for example. The number of times I have been called by grannies asking for Georgaki, or anxious mothers enquiring after the health of Soula are meantime unmeasurable.

Greek TV programs (and especially schedules!) are also not my favourite, so I decided to go 3rd millennium on that and see what I can get through the Internet. Well, the more technologically advanced among the readership can already guess what I'm driving at: IF I manage to get something on my screen it is usually a slide show basically, as my speed won't go over something like 220 something or other, while speeds upto a 1000 thingies are more likely nowadays. But tonight I am saved: we're going satellite! To be continued ...

No comments: